The town of Rethymon with its historical center is a city with a lifetime of 500 years, it is an old town with the same structure and its medieval urban plan Which is one capacitor of collective historical memory, unique for Crete. It has remarkable monuments and residences of all historical periods of Venetian 1204 – 1646, Othoman 1646- 1856, Newothoman 1856 – 1898, Ageptian 1830 – 1840, Νew Classisim Cretan State 1898 – 1913, Εklektissism and MODERN.
GENERAL HISTORICAL DATA
FORMS – MORPHOLOGICAL ELEMENTS
The building has remarkable typical morphological features of the Neo-Roman period 1856 -1913 as:
- The 1st floor Kiosk of Arambatzoglou Street, which is wooden, with a height of 4.80 m and width 4.80 m, has three windows to the road and two to the small sides.
- The entrance door with the pilasters and its striking cornice with a clear height 3,30 m with a width of 1,70 m.It is also an element of the neo-othomanian architecture period.
- The window to the right of the entrance with its construction of limestone and the interesting Metallic iron.
- The remarkable vaulted stone rise climb to the first floor with a dome opening of 2.06 m. Cm and height of 2,70 cm.
- The large stone fireplace of the 1st FLOOR in the room to the street of Radamanthios has a total width of 1.50 m with a hood opening of 1.05 m.